The menu items sell well, but don’t make a profit.
The menu items make a profit, but don’t sell well.
Makro HoReCa Academy helps restaurateurs learn how to engineer their menus to sell well, generate profit and impress customers. In this online course, we’ll delve into the root causes and solutions to problems together.
Learn how to create a BCG Matrix to develop a menu that sells well and makes good profit to keep with your restaurant for a long time. Find the menu items that should be cut and create new, even more impressive ones that sell better and make more profit. You can do it, too! Visit the website and you can start learning right away!
Chapter 1 – What’s a BCG matrix?
Data collection for the BCG matrix.
- Product data collection
- Preparing data on food cost and profit per plate
- Sorting data into categories in the BCG matrix
Chapter 2 – Promoting Star Menu Items
- Maintain food standards and quality.
- Develop new star menu items to impress customers.
- Present star menu items as the restaurant’s recommendations.
Chapter 3 – Improving Cash Cow Menu Items
- Cut ingredient cost to increase profit.
– Negotiate the prices for the ingredients of all of the top 20% of your menu items.
– Find a new supplier.
– Calculate ingredient costs based on actual amounts usable.
- Develop new menu items to replace cash cow menu items.
Chapter 4 – Improving Poor-Selling Menu Items (Question Mark, Dog)
- Analyze and find out why customers aren’t ordering these menu items.
- Create media to promote sales.
- Offer special promotions to encourage experimentation.
Consider eliminating menu items and ingredients used only in specific menu items.
Chapter 5 – How to Keep Low-Profit and Poor-Selling Menu Items from Creating the Same Results
- Reduce menu items to increase work effectiveness.
- For menu items in any category that is not frequently outputted, you always have a chance to increase sales.
- Regularly invent new menu items.
– Develop new menu items by following trends.
– Develop new menu items from scraps.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes